Recent (discovery of) celebrity deaths: Police find the remains of missing intern Chandra Levy in a park in Washington, DC.
- A judge grants John Hinckley, Jr., the man who tried to assassinate then-President of the United States Ronald Reagan in 1981, additional visits to his family from the Washington, DC psychiatric hospital where he is confined.
- A Washington D.C. jury convicts Ingmar Guandique of the murder of Chandra Levy.
- The trial of the alleged killer of Chandra Levy, Ingmar Guandique of El Salvador, begins in Washington D.C.
- It was reported that Ingmar Guandique, an illegal immigrant from El Salvador, was to go on trial Monday for Chandra Levy's 2001 killing.
- A man upset with the Discovery Channel's environmental programs takes several people hostage at its headquarters in Silver Spring, Maryland, near Washington, DC. Police snipers eventually kill him with the hostages being safe.