Over 75,000 homes are evacuated as the Woolsey Fire spreads through parts of California, including Ventura.
At one point, the unrelenting flames burned about 2,000 acres per hour, taking down everything in its path
- AMP10 News
- CBS News (Image)
- The Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a major California utility based in San Francisco, announces they temporarily turned off power to 60,000 customers in 12 Northern California counties due to threats of wildfires. Red flag warnings are issued to 22 million people in the state.
- The United States Forest Service says that the Mendocino Complex Fire, largest wildfire on record in California, has been contained.
- Fires across California kill at least eight people. One month into the fiscal year, the state's emergency fund is about one quarter spent.
- The Carr wildfire threatening Redding, California, U.S., kills two firefighters, as many residents flee their homes.
- Evacuations are prompted in Butte County, California, as the wildfire has grown to 8,000 acres.