Officials say that an attack by the Taliban on an army outpost killed 10 soldiers and 7 policemen in Khwaja Ghar District after 7 policemen were killed in Farah yesterday.
Afghan officials say Taliban attacks have killed at least 10 soldiers, 7 policemen in country's north, west.
- AP via ''The Fresno Bee (Image)
- Taliban kill 30 policemen in an attack on an outpost in Farah Province.
- Afghan officials say that the Taliban destroyed highway bridges in Maidan Wardak Province, cutting off road traffic between the capital Kabul and the provinces of Ghazni, Zabul and Kandahar. Electricity was cut off in four provinces, and fighting was reported in Ghazni Province. At least ten Afghan police officers were killed. Parliamentary elections are scheduled to be held in two weeks.
- Afghan general and Kandahar police chief Abdul Raziq Achakzai is assassinated by one of his bodyguards during a high-level meeting inside the governor's compound with U.S. general Austin S. Miller. Gen. Miller escaped unharmed according to officials while the governor was critically injured. The Taliban claims responsibility.
- Dozens of people are killed in four separate attacks by the Taliban. An army base is destroyed in Baghlan Province.
- The Taliban launches multiple attacks on security checkpoints in Afghanistan, killing at least 27 members of the security forces. Twenty-two Taliban members are also killed and 16 others are injured.