A man arrested in the Catalonia region was allegedly seeking revenge for plans to exhume Franco.
- BBC (Image)
- The New York Times'
- The Mossos d'Esquadra arrests a man that planned to kill the Prime Minister of Spain Pedro Snchez.
- The Mossos d'Esquadra announced that on 19th September arrested a man that planned to kill the Prime Minister of Spain Pedro Snchez.
- The Mossos d'Esquadra announced that on 19th September they arrested a man planning to kill the Prime Minister of Spain Pedro Snchez.
- An officer fatally shoots a man in Cornella, Barcelona, Spain, after he storms into a Mossos d'Esquadra police station with a knife. Police are treating the incident as an attempted terrorist attack.
- Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez and President of the Generalitat of Catalonia, Quim Torra, meet officially in Moncloa. It is the first time since the beginning of the crisis that a Spanish Prime Minister and a Catalan President meet.
- The XIX Congress of the People's Party begins, which will elect the new party leader and successor of former Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy. The candidates are former Deputy Prime Minister Soraya Saenz de Santamaria and the party's deputy secretary of communication, Pablo Casado.
- Spanish King Felipe VI swears in the cabinet of Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez. It is the first cabinet in European history, and the only in the world, to be comprised primarily of women.
- Former Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy resigns as the leader of People's Party, four days after losing the no-confidence vote that ended his premiership.