The body of another man is found under the rubble of the two buildings that collapsed in Marseille, France two days ago, bringing the deah toll to five.
The structural risks of the buildings and others like them were widely known, but that city officials did little when alerted about them
- Mail and Guardian (Image)
- A pair of buildings collapsed yesterday in Marseille, France, with today four people being found dead while others remain missing.
- A knife-wielding man at Saint Charles train station in Marseille, France, kills two women. Police kill the suspect and are treating the attack as a terrorist incident. ISIL claims responsibility.
- A second person dies from the collapse of a stage being built in Marseille for Madonna's forthcoming tour to France.
- Madonna's concert in Marseille, France is cancelled after her stage collapses, killing one and injuring nine.
- Based upon information from the General Directorate for Internal Security, French authorities arrest five men and one woman suspected of planning an attack on French President Emmanuel Macron. Police report the suspects are radical far right citizens.