The lawyer, Benjamin Ramos, was shot by men on a motorcycle after being put on a watchlist by the police and military.
- The New York Times (Image)
- An unknown attacker shoots dead Benjamin Ramos, a Philippines lawyer opposing President Rodrigo Duterte's war on drugs, in Kabankalan.
- An unknown attacker fatally shoots Benjamin Ramos, a Philippines lawyer opposing President Rodrigo Duterte's war on drugs, in Kabankalan.
- Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte urges Filipino citizens to murder people suspected of using illegal drugs.
- The Philippines immigration authority has ordered the deportation and blacklisting of an Australian nun who was investigated, under instruction from President Rodrigo Duterte, for her political activism.
- Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte announces the withdrawal of the Philippines from the International Criminal Court (ICC) over "outrageous attacks" by United Nations officials.
- Human rights activists and opponents of Philippines president Rodrigo Duterte stage protests led by the Philippine Catholic Church against the ongoing drug crackdown that has killed thousands of people.
- The Philippine Senate investigates Paolo Duterte, the son of current Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte, in an alleged methamphetamine smuggling scandal.