Days of heavy fighting between Houthi and Saudi-led coalition forces around the port city of Al Hudaydah, Yemen, leaves at least 150 people dead.
Fighting has escalated around Yemen's key port city of Hodeida, with at least 150 combatants killed over the weekend from both the rebel and government-backed sides, officials said Sunday.
- FRANCE 24 (Image)
- Saudi Arabian-led coalition troops seize control of Hodeida International Airport in Al Hudaydah after driving out Houthi forces. Around 280 people have been reportedly killed in the last four days inside the Yemeni port city.
- Alleged Saudi-led coalition airstrikes on a fish market and hospital entrance kill at least 20 people in Al Hudaydah, Yemen. A Saudi spokesman denies that its jets were in the area at the time, and blames rebels instead.
- Saudi-led coalition forces begin an operation to take control of the Yemeni port city of Al Hudaydah, which has been held by the Houthis since 2015.
- Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates say that the bombing of a school bus in Yemen by Saudi Arabian aircraft, which killed 51 people, was "unjustified".
- The United States is to limit military support to Saudi Arabia's military intervention in Yemen amid concerns over rising civilian casualties.