A 17-year-old Kashmir student who disappeared from Sharda University, Ahtesham Bilal Sofi, is found to have joined the Islamic State.
Social media posts carrying alleged pictures of a Kashmiri teenager, who went missing from a private university in Uttar Pradesh days ago, on Friday claimed that he has joined terrorism in the Valley.
- NDTV (Image)
- The Times of India
- Ahtesham Bilal Sofi, a Kashmir student who went missing from Sharda University, is reported to have joined the Islamic State group.
- A 17-year-old Kashmir student who disappeared from Sharda University, Ahtesham Bilal Sofi, is found to have joined the Islamic State.
- Jack Letts, a British Islamic State fighter held in Syria, faces deportion from Syria to Canada instead of the United Kingdom.
- Conservative MP Candice Bergen calls for action on Abu Huzaifa al-Kanadi, a man living in Toronto who claimed to have shot a Sunni prisoner in the head for the Islamic State in Syria.
- One person is killed and two others are injured by a knife-wielding man in Melbourne, Australia. The suspect, a 31-year-old Australian resident originally from Somalia, randomly stabbed pedestrians after exiting his burning, crashed utility truck that held multiple gas canisters. He was shot and killed attempting to stab responding police. The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant claims responsibility.
- A riot at a high-security prison in Khujand, Tajikistan, known for holding convicted terrorists, including ISIL members, leaves at least 27 people dead.
- John Letts, the father of the alleged British-Canadian Islamic State fighter Jack Letts who is being held by Kurdish forces in Syria, calls for the Canadian government to help secure his release.