Four people died when a massive sinkhole swallowed them in the Chinese city of Dazhou. The ground ripped open around 2:30 p.m. Sunday in the city in Sichuan Province, leaving a 100-square-foot chas…
- NY Post (Image)
- China's Xinhua News Agency unveils the world's first AI news anchor. Xinhua says the AI presenters can work "24 hours a day", thus reducing news production costs.
- Nearly seven tonnes of C9 aromatic hydrocarbon are leaked into the ocean at a port in Quangang District, Quanzhou, China when a petrochemical company loads the cargo from its terminal into a chemical tanker and the aged hose coupling gasket breaks. Nearby aquaculture farms are contaminated, resulting in huge loss. Many fishermen and residents get sick from the leaked chemical, and 52 of them are hospitalized. Local authorities are accused of playing down the severity of the leakage. Discussion of the accident is suppressed on Weibo after the accident has become a hot topic.
- A lorry loses control at a toll station in Lanzhou, China, killing at least 15 people and injuring 44 others.
- China's Hefei Institutes of Physical Science announces that its Experimental Advanced Superconducting Tokamak (EAST) reactor in Hefei has reached a milestone of 100 million degrees celsius.
- Chinese police announce that the driver of the bus that plunged into the Yangtze River in Chongqing, China, on October 28 was arguing and fighting with a passenger moments earlier, causing the accident.