Tropical Storm Michael was upgraded to a hurricane on Monday as it moved westward toward Yucatan and the Florida Panhandle, the National Hurricane Center said.
- Upi (Image)
- A hurricane watch is issued for the Florida Panhandle as Tropical Storm Michael begins moving toward the Yucatan Channel.
- A hurricane watch is issued for the Florida Panhandle as Hurricane Michael begins moving toward the Yucatan Channel.
- Hurricane Michael strengthens to a category 2 storm with 110 mph winds as it continues to ascend through the Florida Panhandle.
- Over 1,000 people remain missing a week after Hurricane Michael made landfall in the Florida Panhandle.
- Hurricane Michael strengthens to a "potentially catastrophic" Category 4 hurricane and makes landfall on the Florida Panhandle.
- Tropical Storm Michael becomes Hurricane Michael and is upgraded to a category 1 storm.
- The death toll in the U.S. from Hurricane Michael rises to 17: eight in Florida, five in Virginia, three in North Carolina and one in Georgia.