The administration's effort to eliminate protections for more than 300,000 immigrants from four impoverished countries is halted for now.
- NPR (Image)
- Tens of thousands of people participate in nationwide protests across the United States over the Trump administration's immigration policies. Over 630 events are planned, with protesters calling for migrant families split at the United States-Mexico border to be reunited.
- Wildfires in the American states of California, Colorado and New Mexico now burn 31,000 acres of land, causing thousands to evacuate their homes.
- Tesla Inc. withdraws from the U.S. National Transportation Safety Board's probe of a fatal Model X crash in California. Tesla had drawn the NTSB's ire by releasing information publicly about its view of the case and about the car's Autopilot feature, something the Board does not allow during active investigations.
- The US National Transportation Safety Board criticizes Tesla over the carmaker's release of investigative information regarding the fatal crash of a Model X in California.
- U.S.-based automobile manufacturer Tesla confirms that one of their Model X cars was placed into Autopilot mode moments before a fatal crash in California, United States. Tesla's Autopilot system is not intended to operate independently and as such the driver is meant to have their hands on the wheel at all times. The recorder of the system logged that the driver did not have their hands on the wheel at the time of the crash.