Thirty-four migrants drown in a shipwreck in the western Mediterranean Sea. The Moroccan Navy rescues 26 survivors and recovers 11 bodies.
GENEVA/RABAT: At least 34 migrants have died in a shipwreck in the western Mediterranean, which 26 people survived, the U.N. migration agency said ...
- Channel NewsAsia (Image)
- In two separate incidents, there are a total of at least seventeen migrants killed after they attempted to cross the Mediterranean Sea from North Africa to Spain.
- Malta detains German migrant rescue boat MV "Sea Watch 3", which had been docked in Valletta for repairs, as it attempts to head into the Mediterranean Sea to rescue migrants off the Libyan coast.
- The Italian Coast Guard reports that at least 20 migrants are killed when their 500-passenger boat capsizes in the Mediterranean Sea off Libya's coast. About 1,700 people have been rescued in 15 operations since Tuesday.
- More than 2,000 migrants are rescued from the Mediterranean Sea off the coast of Libya.
- Rescuers recovered 8 bodies and saved 1400 migrants adrift on the Mediterranean Sea today.