With the report of five people killed in Virginia, the death toll in the U.S. from Hurricane Michael rises to 11, including four others in Florida, one in Georgia and one in North Carolina.
Recovery workers fan out across the Florida coastline assessing the damage from Hurricane Michael.
- BBC (Image)
- Hurricane Michael is downgraded to a tropical storm, but tornadoes are spotted in Georgia and Florida.
- Subtropical Storm Alberto, the first named Atlantic storm of 2018, makes landfall on the west coast of Florida, United States.
- The U.S. states of North Carolina and Virginia declare a state of emergency over gas shortages as a result of the Colonial pipeline leak in Shelby County, Alabama.
- Voters in the U.S. states of Florida, Illinois, Ohio, Missouri, North Carolina and the commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands head to the polls for Republican and Democratic Party primaries that the media has dubbed "Super Tuesday 2".
- Heavy rain from former Tropical Storm Nicole causes flooding the US states of North Carolina and Virginia and delays in airline flights on the east coast.