Four people die and 20 others are injured when an apartment building collapses in Manama, Bahrain.
Preliminary investigations indicated a gas cylinder explosion caused the collapse of the two-storey structure
- Gulf Business (Image)
- The Bahrain High Civil Court in Manama dissolves Al Wefaq, Bahrain's main Shia opposition group, accusing it of helping to foster violence and terrorism in the Sunni-led, Shia-majority island country. The Bahraini court previously issued a three-month suspension of the group last month.
- A teenager in Bahrain dies following an explosion in the village of Bani Jamra, east of the capital Manama.
- A 16-year-old child is shot dead at close range in Al-Daih, a village west of Manama, Bahrain.
- A fire sweeps through a complex containing housing for foreign workers in Manama, Bahrain, leaving 13 foreign nationals dead.
- Five bombs go off in the neighborhoods of Gudaibiya and Adliya in Manama, Bahrain, killing two foreign workers and injuring another.