A Dhaka court also sentences top opposition leader Tarique Rahman to life imprisonment over 2004 attack on a rally.
- Al Jazeera (Image)
- A Bangladesh Court issues an arrest warrant, the second one so far, for former Prime Minister Khaleda Zia and 27 opposition Bangladesh Nationalist Party members over political violence, mostly petrol-bomb attacks, that occurred during anti-government protests last year that killed at least 120 people.
- Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina rejects demands by Islamists for a new anti-blasphemy law to punish those who defame Islam and Prophet Muhammad.
- Opposition activists from the Bangladesh Nationalist Party and its allies detonate small homemade bombs and set fire to several vehicles in the latest anti-government protest to hit Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- The Prime Minister of India Manmohan Singh and the Prime Minister of Bangladesh Sheikh Hasina sign an accord ending four decades of disputes over the borders of India and Bangladesh.
- More than 100 ministers and heads of state attend a United Nations meeting on the global hunger crisis. Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina tables a five-pronged set of recommendations to raise a hunger-free world.