Heavy floods, following recent heavy rainfall in Adamawa, Nigeria, kill at least 10 people and displace several hundreds more.
Hundreds of domestic animals, including cattle, were also lost to the flood.
- Premium Times (Image)
- The death toll of a cholera outbreak in Yobe and Borno, Nigeria, rises to 97.
- The government of Nigeria announces that 61 people have died and 50 others have been hospitalized from a cholera outbreak in Yobe.
- Over 100 people are killed in floods after Nigeria's two major rivers burst their banks.
- Bandits open fire at a village hall, where residents gather at night to watch films, in Zamfara State, Nigeria. Eleven people are killed and many more are injured.
- A gas depot explodes in Lafia, Nigeria, killing at least 35 people and leaving some burned beyond recognition.