Heavy floods, following recent heavy rainfall in Adamawa, Nigeria, kill at least 10 people and displace several hundreds more.
Hundreds of domestic animals, including cattle, were also lost to the flood.
- Premium Times (Image)
- Boko Haram militants kill at least 15 people in a village on the outskirts of Maiduguri, in northeast Nigeria.
- A spat in a market in Nigeria's northern Kaduna State results in 55 dead. After the brawl, 22 people were arrested.
- The death toll of an accidental explosion in Aba, Nigeria, rises to 200. Over 2,000 people protest, claiming that the pipeline explosion was caused by NNPC's negligence.
- At least 50 people are killed and 30 others injured when a pipeline catches fire and explodes in southeast Nigeria.
- The death toll of the floods that affected Nigeria this month rise to 200.