The death toll rises to 68 in yesterday's suicide attack on protesters in Eastern Afghanistan.
At least 68 killed and 165 injured in attacks targeting demonstrators and schools in eastern Nangarhar province.
- Aljazeera (Image)
- The death toll rises to 68 in yesterday's suicide attack on protesters in Eastern Afghanistan [https:--www.aljazeera.com-news-2018-09-afghanistan-suicide-bomber-kills-32-attack-protesters180911132240204.html(Aljazeera)]
- The death toll from yesterday's suicide attack on protesters in eastern Afghanistan rises to 68.
- The death toll rises to 68 in yesterday's suicide attack on protesters in Eastern Afghanistan.
- The Taliban announce a three-day Eid ceasefire with the Afghan authorities, according to Pajhwok Afghan News. On Thursday, President Ashraf Ghani announced a ceasefire with the Taliban from June 12-19.
- The United Nations report that in 2017, more than 10,000 Afghan civilians were killed or wounded in the war.
- The United States Central Command launches an investigation into a video posted on YouTube which appears to show a U.S. service member firing on civilians inside a truck on a road in Afghanistan. The montage video, titled "Happy Few Ordnance Symphony", has since been removed.
- Two fuel tankers are bombed in the Afghan town of Charikar, killing at least 15 people and injuring at least 27.
- A suicide bombing occurs at a checkpoint near the Kabul International Cricket Stadium in Kabul, Afghanistan, killing at least three people and injuring five.