The death toll from yesterday's suicide attack on protesters in eastern Afghanistan rises to 68.
At least 68 killed and 165 injured in attacks targeting demonstrators and schools in eastern Nangarhar province.
- Al Jazeera (Image)
- The death toll rises to 68 in yesterday's suicide attack on protesters in Eastern Afghanistan [https:--www.aljazeera.com-news-2018-09-afghanistan-suicide-bomber-kills-32-attack-protesters180911132240204.html(Aljazeera)]
- The death toll rises to 68 in yesterday's suicide attack on protesters in Eastern Afghanistan.
- The death toll from yesterday's suicide attack on protesters in eastern Afghanistan rises to 68.
- An Afghan commando in Kabul kills Major Brent Taylor of the Utah National Guard, who was also the mayor of North Ogden, Utah.
- Afghan general and Kandahar police chief Abdul Raziq Achakzai is assassinated by one of his bodyguards during a high-level meeting inside the governor's compound with U.S. general Austin S. Miller. Gen. Miller escaped unharmed according to officials while the governor was critically injured. The Taliban claims responsibility.
- A motorcycle rigged with explosives is detonated at an election rally in northeastern Afghanistan, killing at least 14 people, including civilians and security forces.
- The Taliban launches multiple attacks on security checkpoints in Afghanistan, killing at least 27 members of the security forces. Twenty-two Taliban members are also killed and 16 others are injured.
- The Taliban announce a three-day Eid ceasefire with the Afghan authorities, according to Pajhwok Afghan News. On Thursday, President Ashraf Ghani announced a ceasefire with the Taliban from June 12-19.