It‘s the second rally in as many days canceled ahead of the storm’s landfall.
- Orlando Sentinel
- Politico (Image)
- Sporting News
- The Donald Trump campaign cancels a rally for Missouri ahead of Hurricane Florence, as it threatens to wreak havoc on the East Coast.
- The Donald Trump campaign cancels a rally for Missouri ahead of Hurricane Florence, which is expected to make landfall on the East Coast.
- Hurricane Florence regains strength to a category 4 major hurricane and is expected to threaten the East Coast of the United States near the Carolinas in the coming days, with the potential for a category 4 or 5 landfall with very large rainfall totals. Preparations are underway for evacuation of around 1 million coastal inhabitants of South Carolina.
- The death toll rises to 35. Also, about 3.4 million chickens and turkeys and 5,500 hogs were killed in flooding from Hurricane Florence as rising North Carolina rivers swamped dozens of farm buildings where the animals were being raised for market.
- 17 people are confirmed dead after Hurricane Florence-related incidents. Florence is expected to dump an additional 10 to 15 inches of rain in parts of the Carolinas.
- Hurricane Florence makes landfall in Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina, as a Category 1 hurricane. and leaves over 895,000 residences and businesses without electrical power. A 105 mph (169 km-h) gust hits Wilmington, the strongest wind recorded there since Hurricane Helene in 1958. Florence is later downgraded to a Tropical Storm as it moves inland with sustained winds of 70 mph.
- Hurricane Florence weakens to a category 1 storm, but "life-threatening storm surge and rainfall" to the Carolinas remain likely with tropical-storm-force winds on Thursday.