At least 40 bodies of Afghan soldiers are found in a military base in Urozgan that Taliban forces stormed last week.
KABUL (Reuters) - Dozens of bodies of Afghan soldiers have been found in a military base that Taliban militants stormed last week in the embattled
- Reuters via Euronews
- A Taliban suicide bomber kills three Czech soldiers on a routine patrol in Charikar, Afghanistan. A U.S. soldier and two Afghan troops are also injured in the bombing.
- An ISIL suicide bomber killed 20 people in northern Afghanistan on Tuesday, including a Taliban commander. In southern Kandahar province, the Taliban attacked a police checkpoint in Arghistan district late on Monday night, killing nine policemen and wounding seven. 25 Taliban fighters were killed and 15 were wounded in the ensuing battle.
- Taliban forces claim to have taken control of the western city of Farah after two days of fighting. It is the second provincial capital to be temporarily taken over, after a similar assault on Kunduz in 2015.
- The Taliban destroy an electricity pylon in Doshe, Baghlan, Afghanistan, overnight. The pylon carries imported power from Tajikistan and Uzbekistan, and its destruction causes widespread blackouts across several provinces and in capital Kabul.
- NATO says the Afghan Air Force dropped its first laser-guided bomb on a Taliban compound on March 22. NATO have trained the Afghans in use of the equipment.