The death toll from a 7.0 magnitude earthquake in Lombok, Indonesia rose to 131 and nearly 2,500 now confirmed seriously injured.
The Latest on the recent earthquake in Indonesia (all times local):
- The New York Times (Image)
- A 7.0 magnitude earthquake strikes Lombok, Indonesia. A tsunami warning is issued. At least 105 people are killed and more than 238 are injured.
- A magnitude 6.4 earthquake hits Lombok, Indonesia, destroying several houses. At least 16 people are killed and 160 others are injured.
- Indonesia authorities evacuate over 1,000 tourists from the island of Lombok after Mount Barujari erupts.
- The Meteorological, Climatological and Geophysical Agency of Indonesia (BMKG) and the Australian Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) issue tsunami warnings, after an undersea 7.9 magnitude earthquake strikes southwest of Sumatra, in the Indian Ocean.
- A 14-year-old girl is killed and 15 people are injured in a 5.9-magnitude earthquake in Indonesia.