In a unanimous decision, the federal court of appeal said the government failed to consider the concerns of some First Nations
- The Guardian (Image)
- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau reaffirms his support for the Trans Mountain expansion project after the Federal Court of Appeal rules suspension of the project.
- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau issues an apology for the country's role in turning away the St. Louis, a ship carrying over 900 Jewish refugees fleeing persecution in Nazi Germany.
- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau shuts down a woman who heckled him about illegal immigration, telling her that "racism has no place" in Canada.
- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau dismisses speculation that he would call an early election this fall and states that his government remains focused on renegotiating NAFTA and strengthening the economy.
- Jaspal Atwal, who was the subject of attention during Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's visit to India, is charged after making death threats against a Canadian radio host.