The Zimbabwe Electoral Commission declares Emmerson Mnangagwa of the ruling ZANU-PF party the winner of Zimbabwe's 2018 presidential election.
Zanu-PF leader took 50.8% of the vote, says electoral commission chair, who urges country to ‘move on’
- The Guardian (Image)
- Zimbabwean President Emmerson Mnangagwa survives an apparent assassination attempt when an explosive device detonates at an election campaign rally in Bulawayo. A few bystanders, including Vice-President Kembo Mohadi, suffer minor injuries.
- Emmerson Mnangagwa is sworn in as the President of Zimbabwe, after an assassination attempt two months earlier.
- Violence breaks out in Zimbabwe amid allegations of election-rigging by the ruling Zanu-PF party.
- Voters in Zimbabwe go to the polls to elect a new president and members for both houses of the Parliament, the first election to not involve longtime former president Robert Mugabe.
- Zimbabwean authorities report two people have died following Saturday's bomb attack on President Emmerson Mnangagwa in Bulawayo, with several others in critical condition.