Iranian women posts videos of themselves dancing to protest the arrest of Instagram blogger Maedeh Hojabri.
Maedeh Hojabri was detained for posting videos of her dancing on Instagram
- Time (Image)
- Iran has arrested a number of users for posting videos on Instagram, including a young blogger named Maedeh Hojabri.
- A peaceful protest over a water shortage in the southern Iran city of Khorramshahr turns violent after clashes between police and protesters.
- Protests in Iran, particularly the capital, Tehran, enter their second day as thousands of protestors demand action following a collapse in the value of the Iranian rial. President Hassan Rouhani takes to live TV to call the protests "foreign media propaganda" and says the United States is waging "psychological, economic and political war" with Iran. Protestors blame the Iranian government for the crisis, saying billions are being wasted on expensive conflicts. Iran blames sanctions imposed by US President Donald Trump.
- Tehran's Grand Bazaar starts a large strike after Iranian rial plunged to a record low against the US dollar on the market.
- Russia wants YouTube and Instagram to remove videos posted by Alexey Navalny, a prominent opposition figure, describing his investigation into Oleg Deripaska, a Russian billionaire, with bribing Deputy Prime Minister Sergei Prikhodko and offering information about the 2016 U.S. election he had received from Paul Manafort.