Iranian women post videos of themselves dancing to protest the arrest of Instagram blogger Maedeh Hojabri.
Maedeh Hojabri was detained for posting videos of her dancing on Instagram
- Time (Image)
- Iranian women posts videos of themselves dancing to protest the arrest of Instagram blogger Maedeh Hojabri.
- Iranian women post videos of themselves dancing to protest the arrest of Instagram blogger Maedeh Hojabri.
- Iranian police arrest a number of users for posting illegal content on Instagram, including a famous blogger named Maedeh Hojabri.
- In Tehran, a group of Iranian girls severely burned in a 2012 school fire protest unequal diyah by the government toward their medical bills, which some say is an inalienable right. Their lawyer says Iran's policy of paying half diyah to women is "unfair and discriminatory".
- Iranian police arrest 46 people in fresh crackdowns on models and associated colleagues posting "immoral images" on Instagram.
- Protests in Iran, particularly the capital, Tehran, enter their second day as thousands of protestors demand action following a collapse in the value of the Iranian rial. President Hassan Rouhani takes to live TV to call the protests "foreign media propaganda" and says the United States is waging "psychological, economic and political war" with Iran. Protestors blame the Iranian government for the crisis, saying billions are being wasted on expensive conflicts. Iran blames sanctions imposed by US President Donald Trump.
- Iran blocks access to Telegram and Instagram as the largest anti-government protests since 2009 continue.