Voters in Zimbabwe go to the polls to elect a new president and members for both houses of the Parliament, the first election to not involve longtime former president Robert Mugabe.
- The Guardian (Image)
- Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe calls for improved relations with "hostile" countries at the opening of Parliament.
- The Zimbabwe Electoral Commission declares Emmerson Mnangagwa of the ruling ZANU-PF party the winner of Zimbabwe's 2018 presidential election.
- Violence breaks out in Zimbabwe amid allegations of election-rigging by the ruling Zanu-PF party.
- Zimbabwean President Emmerson Mnangagwa survives an apparent assassination attempt when an explosive device detonates at an election campaign rally in Bulawayo. A few bystanders, including Vice-President Kembo Mohadi, suffer minor injuries.
- The Parliament of Zimbabwe summons ex-President Robert Mugabe over an alleged theft of diamonds.