USA TODAY will have this live event.
- USA Today (Image)
- Container ship MV "Alexander Maersk" is allowed by Italian authorities to dock in Pozzallo, Sicily, after several days. There, it discharges over 100 rescued migrants. Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte says German migrant rescue ship MV "Lifeline" will be permitted to dock in Malta in a deal that will see some of the migrants on board come to Italy.
- Giuseppe Conte is sworn in as the new Prime Minister of Italy at the head of a populist coalition, formed by the Five Star Movement and the Northern League. Conte had previously given up on trying to form a government after President Sergio Mattarella had vetoed Conte's original choice for Minister of Finance, but a different candidate was agreed to yesterday.
- Italian President Sergio Mattarella accepts Giuseppe Conte as Prime Minister. Conte is now going to form his government, supported by the Five Star Movement and League.
- President Donald Trump revokes the security clearance of former Central Intelligence Agency director John Brennan, and the White House announces clearance reviews for other current and former national security officials.
- U.S. President Donald Trump authorizes the doubling of Section 232 tariffs on imports of aluminium and steel from Turkey, to 20% and 50% respectively. The Turkish lira further falls to a new record low against the U.S. dollar and Turkish stocks tumble.