USA TODAY will have this live event.
- USA Today (Image)
- U.S. President Donald Trump calls for Russia, which was suspended from the group after the annexation of Crimea in 2014, to be reinstated in the group; a call supported by the Prime Minister of Italy Giuseppe Conte, and rejected by most other G7 leaders.
- Container ship MV "Alexander Maersk" is allowed by Italian authorities to dock in Pozzallo, Sicily, after several days. There, it discharges over 100 rescued migrants. Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte says German migrant rescue ship MV "Lifeline" will be permitted to dock in Malta in a deal that will see some of the migrants on board come to Italy.
- Giuseppe Conte is sworn in as the new Prime Minister of Italy at the head of a populist coalition, formed by the Five Star Movement and the Northern League. Conte had previously given up on trying to form a government after President Sergio Mattarella had vetoed Conte's original choice for Minister of Finance, but a different candidate was agreed to yesterday.
- Italian President Sergio Mattarella accepts Giuseppe Conte as Prime Minister. Conte is now going to form his government, supported by the Five Star Movement and League.
- U.S. President Donald Trump and former U.S. Presidents George W. Bush, Jimmy Carter, Barack Obama, and Bill Clinton attend the ceremony alongside German chancellor Angela Merkel and Britain's Prince Charles.