A man died and 12 others were hospitalized when the West Nile virus spread across Italy.
- Fidelity News (Image)
- Three people are killed and many others are injured after heavy floods strike the Italian region of Calabria. A bridge collapses and landslides also occur.
- Heavy floods affect France and Italy: in the French city of Sainte Maxime, two people drown after their vehicle is swept away by floodwater. In the Italian city of Cagliari, a woman is found dead inside her car, while another man is missing. A bridge also collapses and roads are damaged.
- A pneumonia outbreak in Brescia and Mantova, Italy, infects at least 150 people. The deaths of two other people are suspected connected to the disease. The cause is a suspected bacterium in the water.
- A Mediterranean hurricane forms, threatening Libya, Italy, Tunisia, and Greece.
- A gas leak at the state archive in the city of Arezzo, Italy, kills two employees and injures one other.