The death toll from the wildfires in Greece rises to 80 people while many others are still missing.
Rescuers comb land and sea for dozens of people missing after fires that claimed at least 80 lives.
- BBC (Image)
- The death toll from the wildfires in Greece rose to 80 while many others are still missing.
- The death toll from the wildfires in Greece rises to 80 while many others are still missing.
- The death toll from a dam collapse in Laos that caused heavy floods, rises to 26 people while more than 130 are still missing.
- The death toll from the wildfires in Greece rises to 80 people while many others are still missing.
- The death toll from the fires in Greece rises to 91 while 25 other people are still missing.
- Wildfires in east and west Attica, Greece, kill at least 76 people, leave another 172 injured, and burn hundreds of houses and vehicles, prompting a state of emergency. The Greek government requests help from European Union countries.
- Seven tourists are injured after a section of cliff breaks away above Shipwreck Beach at Navagio, on the Greek island of Zakynthos, creating a minor tsunami that capsized several small boats in the cove.
- Greek Civil Protection Minister Nikos Toskas resigns after a wildfire that killed 88 people and led to wide criticism of the government for its handling of the disaster.
- Greek offshore gas extraction firm Energean, which is already developing gas fields off Israel, is revealed to be contemplating an initial public offering to raise US$1.5 billion in order to develop Gaza Marine, a gas deposit off Gaza. Shell, who own a 55% stake in Gaza Marine, have been attempting to sell their share as ongoing conflict prevents production.