Belgian authorities announce the arrest and charge of a Belgian man and his Iranian wife suspected of plotting a bomb attack against a Mujahedeen Khalq rally in France.
The rally was held by Mujahedeen Khalq, a group that advocates the overthrow of the Iranian leadership. The pair was found with a homemade explosive and an “ignition mechanism.”
- The New York Times (Image)
- The foreign ministers of Germany, Russia, the United Kingdom, France, China and Iran agree to the creation of a Special Purpose Vehicle, a financial facility in the European Union, to facilitate payments and continue trade with Iran after the US withdrawal from the Iran deal.
- French police continue questioning ten suspected far-right terrorists arrested on Saturday over an alleged plot to attack Muslims. An extension to their detention was authorised late last night.
- French police arrest ten members of the far-right group Action des Forces Operationnelles (Operational Forces Action) across the nation, questioning them on suspicion of plotting a terrorist attack against Muslims.
- Denmark's parliament votes 75-30 to ban garments that cover the face, which includes Islamic veils such as the niqab and burqa. Those violating the law risk a fine of 1,000 kroner. Similar bans already exist in Austria, Belgium and France.
- French police arrest three men and three women accused of involvement in the 2016 Magnanville stabbing by an ISIL supporter. Local media reports the detainees include police major Maryline Bereaud and her daughter.