At least ten people are killed and many others still missing after a landslide breaks the banks of a natural dam in Panjshir Province, Afghanistan.
A landslide triggered a deadly flood in Panjshir in the early hours of Thursday morning causing widespread damage.
- TOLO News (Image)
- At least 10 people have been killed and many others are still missing after a landslide broke the banks of a natural dam in Panjshir Province, Afghanistan.
- At least ten people are killed and many others still missing after a landslide breaks the banks of a natural dam in Panjshir Province, Afghanistan.
- Afghan and U.S. forces repel a Taliban raid on a NATO base in Afghanistan's Panjshir Province, reportedly killing four militants.
- The President of Afghanistan Hamid Karzai names the seven areas of Afghanistan that will pass into Afghan control from July: Kabul, Panjshir Province, Bamiyan Province, Herat, Mazar-e-Sharif, Mihtarlam and Lashkar Gah.
- Panjshir, the only part of Afghanistan that was never conquered by the Taliban, and the last defence position of Ahmed Shah Massoud, is named the 34th province of Afghanistan.
- An Afghan commando in Kabul kills Major Brent Taylor of the Utah National Guard, who was also the mayor of North Ogden, Utah.
- A helicopter carrying senior Afghan National Army officials crashes, killing all 25 people on board in the western Farah Province, Afghanistan. The Taliban claims responsibility for shooting it down, however Afghan officials blame bad weather as the cause of the crash.