The Supreme Court of Spain suspends from public office the deputies to the Parliament of Catalonia prosecuted for rebellion (Romeva, Turull, Rull, Sanchez, Junqueras, Puigdemont). The pre-trial phase is finished.
- El País (Image)
- Judge Lamela sends preventive detention to eight of the ministers of the Government of Catalonia (Junqueras, Forn, Borras, Romeva, Mundo, Bassa, Rull, Turull) due to an alleged crime of sedition and rebellion. The ninth Santi Vila, minister of Enterprise and Knowledge, leaves the jail the next day after payment of a bail, being the only one who was given this opportunity.
- Carles Puigdemont, ex-President of Catalonia, travels to Denmark while Spanish Attorney General requests the European Arrest Warrant. The Speaker of the Catalan Parliament appoints Puigdemont to be invested as President. Spain's Supreme Court refuses to reactivate the arrest warrant.
- Federal prosecutors in Germany apply in a Schleswig-Holstein court for the extradition of Carles Puigdemont to Spain, arguing that the treason charges are valid according to German law, because, according to the prosecutors, "the violence in Catalonia on election day can be attributed to the wanted individual".
- New President of the Generalitat of Catalonia, Quim Torra, forms a new regional government, including the dismissed and imprisoned members Jordi Turull and Josep Rull, and "self-exiled" dismissed members Lluis Puig and Toni Comin.
- Quim Torra is sworn in as the 131st President of the Generalitat of Catalonia, 200 days after the cessation of the government of Puigdemont and the direct rule. He does not swear on the Constitution and the Statute of Autonomy, but rather on "the will of the people of Catalonia".