Microsoft announces that it is acquiring code repository GitHub for US$7.5 billion in stock, pending regulatory review.
The chain’s executive chairman turned the company into a worldwide corporate force, attempting to sell social justice along with coffee.
- The New York Times (Image)
- The Verge (Image)
- Microsoft has announced that it is acquiring GitHub for US$7.5 Billion, pending regulatory review.
- Microsoft announces that it is acquiring code repository GitHub for US$7.5 billion in stock, pending regulatory review.
- A US federal judge orders PricewaterhouseCoopers to pay US$625.3 million compensation to Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. The judge rules PwC negligently caused losses to F.D.I.C. by failing to uncover fraud during audits of Colonial BancGroup. Colonial, one the nation's 25 largest banks, and Taylor, Bean & Whitaker, the 12th-largest mortgage broker in the US, both collapsed in August 2009 as a result of fraud between the two. F.D.I.C. was the receiver for Colonial.
- U.S. firearms and ammunition manufacturer Remington Arms files for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection after amassing US$950 million worth of debt.
- The largest U.S. broadcaster, iHeartMedia, owner of 850 radio stations, files for chapter 11 bankruptcy after accumulating US$20 billion in debt.
- American retailer Sears files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy after accumulating USD $134 million in debt.
- Inspire Brands announces its purchase of fast food chain Sonic Drive-In for US$2.3 billion.