Container ship MV "Alexander Maersk" is allowed by Italian authorities to dock in Pozzallo, Sicily, after several days. There, it discharges over 100 rescued migrants. Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte says German migrant rescue ship MV "Lifeline" will be permitted to dock in Malta in a deal that will see some of the migrants on board come to Italy.
Malta has agreed it would take in a second ship carrying 234 people, after it was stuck on the Mediterranean for days.
- al-Jazeera (Image)
- Italy and Malta refuse entry to a German vessel carrying 629 migrants rescued off the coast of Libya.
- Representatives from 12 European Union countries do not reach an agreement on Italy's request to take in the 150 migrants still remaining on the "Diciotti"-class vessel in Catania, Sicily, after their rescue by the Italian Coast Guard nine days ago.
- Spain, Portugal, France, Germany and Luxembourg agree to take in 141 migrants, 67 of them unaccompanied children, who were rescued on Friday by the MV "Aquarius"; Malta allows the ship to dock.
- U.S. President Donald Trump hosts Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte at the White House.
- Malta detains German migrant rescue boat MV "Sea Watch 3", which had been docked in Valletta for repairs, as it attempts to head into the Mediterranean Sea to rescue migrants off the Libyan coast.