German officials announce the arrest of a former aide to Osama bin Laden and plan to deport him to his native Tunisia.
- German authorities arrest a Tunisian man accused of building a ricin bomb.
- Italian police arrest five Tunisians suspected of links to Anis Amri, perpetrator of the December 2016 terror attack in Germany.
- German officials offer a reward of up to 100,000 euros ($104,000) for 24-year-old Tunisian asylum-seeker Anis Amri, whose identifying information was found in the truck used in the attack.
- Germany is considering sending troops to Tunisia to help train the Tunisian Army in the fight against Islamist militants, particularly ISIL who control territory in neighboring Libya.
- A truck full of explosives was detonated close to the El Ghriba synagogue in Djerba, Tunisia killing 21 people, of whom 14 were German tourists, 2 French nationals and 5 Tunisians. Al Qaeda claimed responsibility for the Ghriba synagogue bombing.