U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement temporarily closes their Portland, Oregon, offices after protesters camping outside the building grow in numbers.
US Immigration and Customs Enforcement has temporarily closed its field office in Portland, Oregon, as protests continue growing outside the facility.
- CNN (Image)
- A right-wing Patriot Prayer rally in Portland, Oregon turns violent, with clashes reported between the group and the left-wing group Antifa. The Portland Police Bureau reports that four arrests were made for outstanding warrants, and that Patriot Prayer's permit to march was cancelled once the violence began.
- About 575 women are arrested during a sit-in at the Hart Senate Office Building protesting the Trump administration family separation policy.
- The police in the US city of Portland, Oregon close down the Occupy Portland site resulting in 50 arrests.
- Two trains collide near US Highway 30 near the US city of Portland, Oregon, causing a fire and necessitating the evacuation of nearby residents.
- Somali-born teenager Mohamed Osman Mohamud is arrested in Portland, Oregon, for allegedly plotting a bombing attack on a Christmas tree lighting ceremony.