Seattle's city council votes 7-2 to repeal a controversial employer head tax, which was approved a month earlier.
The tax, which would have assessed $275 per employee on Amazon, was not considered a ‘winnable battle’ by officials
- The Guardian (Image)
- The Space Needle in Seattle unveils the world's first revolving glass floor.
- Seattle becomes the first major U.S. city to ban plastic straws and utensils in all bars and restaurants.
- Seattle mayor Ed Murray announces his resignation after allegations surface that he sexually abused five teenagers in the 1970s and 80s.
- Bertha, once the world's largest tunnel boring machine, completes its 9,270 ft tunnel under Seattle, Washington, after four years of digging and a lengthy delay near the beginning of the project.
- Seattle-based Amazon.com says it will create 15,000 new full-time jobs across Europe by the end of 2017, increasing its European workforce by approximately 30 percent.