Hawaiian Airlines warns that the eruption of Kilauea may hurt bookings and trim revenues.
- CNBC (Image)
- About 35 structures in Leilani Estates are destroyed during the Kilauea eruption in Hawaii.
- At Leilani Estates, 26 homes and 4 buildings were destroyed by Kilauea, forcing 1700 people to leave their homes.
- Hawaiian volcano Kilauea begins erupting at the Leilani Estates subdivision, spurring a mandatory evacuation order of residents.
- After over 600 earthquakes, including a magnitude 5.0 at Kilauea, parts of Hawai`i Volcanoes National Park have struck, causing the nearby Pu`u `O`o, to close due to fears of an eruption. The volcano erupted and evacuations were issued.
- Several more properties are destroyed as Kilauea continues to erupt.