British retail chain Poundworld, which employs thousands of people, collapses into administration.
- BBC (Image)
- UK retail chain Poundworld, which employs thousands, collapses into administration.
- British retail chain Poundworld, which employs thousands of people, collapses into administration.
- The UK's Financial Reporting Council launches an investigation into financial services provider KPMG over its most recent audit of Convivality, the defunct owner of retail chain Bargain Booze.
- The UK Home Secretary Sajid Javid announces that medicinal cannabis products are to be legalized by the end of this year, allowing cannabis treatments to be legally prescribed by specialist doctors following several high profile cases.
- U.S. President Donald Trump arrives in the UK for his presidential trip to the country amid widespread protests.
- Gavin Patterson, the chief executive of BT Group, announces that he intends to step down later this year.
- The Supreme Court of the UK dismisses a legal challenge by the Northern Ireland Human Rights Commission of the restrictive Northern Ireland abortion laws, as the court has no jurisdiction in this specific case. Four of seven judges note that these laws are incompatible with the European Convention on Human Rights "in prohibiting abortion in cases of rape and incest and fatal foetal abnormality", a matter of right to respect for private and family life guaranteed by the Convention.