British retail chain Poundworld, which employs thousands of people, collapses into administration.
- BBC (Image)
- UK retail chain Poundworld, which employs thousands, collapses into administration.
- British retail chain Poundworld, which employs thousands of people, collapses into administration.
- Gavin Patterson, the chief executive of BT Group, announces that he intends to step down later this year.
- The Supreme Court of the UK dismisses a legal challenge by the Northern Ireland Human Rights Commission of the restrictive Northern Ireland abortion laws, as the court has no jurisdiction in this specific case. Four of seven judges note that these laws are incompatible with the European Convention on Human Rights "in prohibiting abortion in cases of rape and incest and fatal foetal abnormality", a matter of right to respect for private and family life guaranteed by the Convention.
- House of Fraser announces that it intends to close 31 of its 59 stores, including its flagship store on London's Oxford Street.
- Alexander Nix, the head of Cambridge Analytica, faces questions from British MPs regarding the company's use of data.
- The heads of Serco and Mitie are expected to appear before the UK's Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Select Committee to testify over the collapse of Carillion.