Two days of clashes in Indian-administrated Jammu and Kashmir leaves eight militants and nine civilians dead, while over 100 protesters are injured during anti-India demonstrations.
Former professor-turned suspected militant was among 17 killed in gun battles and attacks.
- Benar News (Image)
- At least 22 people are killed and 14 injured after a minibus falls into a gorge on the Srinagar Jammu National Highway in India's Jammu and Kashmir state.
- Indian journalist Shujaat Bukhari is shot dead by unidentified gunmen in Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir. One of his bodyguards was also killed in the shooting.
- Eight people, including a juvenile and a caretaker for a local temple, go on trial in Kathua, Jammu and Kashmir, accused of abducting an eight-year-old girl, keeping her captive, sexually abusing her, and murdering her in a high-profile case that has already been the subject of nationwide protests and pretrial Supreme Court proceedings.
- India inaugurates the 9.2-kilometer Chenani-Nashri Tunnel, in the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Four suspected militants, two Indian Army soldiers, and one civilian are killed in clashes in a village in southern Jammu and Kashmir.