Hawaiian volcano Kilauea begins erupting at the Leilani Estates subdivision, spurring a mandatory evacuation order of residents.
This is a Civil Defense update for Friday May 4, 2018 at 2 AM. Hawaiian Volcano Observatory ...
- County of Hawaii
- 23 passengers on a tour boat in Hawaii are injured after a lava bomb from the Kilauea volcano punctures the roof of the vessel.
- About 35 structures in Leilani Estates are destroyed during the Kilauea eruption in Hawaii.
- At Leilani Estates, 26 homes and 4 buildings were destroyed by Kilauea, forcing 1700 people to leave their homes.
- Footage from the United States Geological Survey shows lava activity at Kilauea slowing down.
- Hawaii cancels a grant funding the island government's purchase of a recreational land parcel that is now covered by fresh lava.