North Korea cancels high-level talks with South Korea in protest of United States-South Korea joint military exercises.
Pyongyang canceled talks with South Korean officials that were scheduled for Wednesday.
- Bloomberg (Image)
- The Washington Post (Image)
- At 23:30 local time, North Korea changes its time zone to match South Korea (UTC+09:00) - a "first practical" impetus for Korean reunification, says the official North Korean agency KCNA.
- South Korea states that they want high-level talks with North Korea before the summit.
- U.S. President Donald Trump and North Korean Chairman Kim Jong-un meet for a historic summit on Sentosa Island in Singapore. This marks the first time that the leaders of both countries have met.
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-un and U.S. President Donald Trump arrive in Singapore ahead of the upcoming summit.
- South Korean President Moon Jae-in meets with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un the second time in recent months at the peace village on the Northern side to discuss the topic of the June 12 summit in Singapore between the U.S. and North Korea, which was cancelled then left with the possibility of happening the day after.