The U.S. Treasury Department imposed sanctions Tuesday on Iran’s central bank governor and another senior official in the bank for allegedly providing support for terrorist activities.
- Bloomberg (Image)
- The United States Treasury Department announced new sanctions on Iran governor Valiollah Seif and assistant director Ali Tarzali after assisting the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps and Quds Force to support Hezbollah.
- The United States Treasury Department announced new sanctions on Iran central bank governor Valiollah Seif and assistant director Ali Tarzali after assisting the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps and Quds Force to support Hezbollah.
- The United States Department of the Treasury announces new sanctions against Iran in response to the latter's recent ballistic missile test. Thirteen people and twelve entities with ties to Iran have been affected.
- In cooperation with United Arab Emirates, the United States Treasury implements new sanctions on six persons and three corporate entities having alleged ties to Iran's Quds Force.
- An explosion strikes a major weapons depot linked to Hezbollah and Iran in Mount Azzan, near Aleppo, Syria. Local media and Sky News reports an unidentified jet attacked the site, possibly as part of Western coalition airstrikes in the region, but "al-Mayadeen" denies any airstrike happened and said controlled explosions were carried out at the site yesterday.
- The United States charges and sanctions nine Iranians and the Iranian company Mabna Institute for hacking and attempting to hack hundreds of universities.
- Malta imposes a freeze on Pilatus Bank. The bank's Iranian chairman Ali Sadr Hashemi Nejad was arrested and charged in the United States earlier this week, accused of breaching United States sanctions against Iran.