Thunderstorms and lightning strikes kill up to 80 people in 5 states in India, mainly in Uttar Pradesh.
India News: As many as 80 people have been killed in five states due to thunderstorms and lightning strikes since yesterday, with Uttar Pradesh alone recording 51
- Times of India (Image)
- Around 110 people are killed in a dust storm in northwestern India, with Uttar Pradesh being the hardest hit.
- Thirteen children are killed after their school bus collides with a train in the Uttar Pradesh, India.
- A train derails near Khatauli, Uttar Pradesh, India, resulting in at least 23 deaths and 156 injuries.
- Voters in Uttar Pradesh cast ballots in Phase 1 of the state's 2017 elections, with Phase 7, the final poll, to be held on 8 March. This will be an important test of India's November policy change that removed 86 percent of the cash then in circulation.
- Lightning strikes in the Indian states of Bihar and Uttar Pradesh kill at least 70 people, mostly farm labourers.