French transport workers strike, reducing train services on SNCF, due to privatisation efforts.
- Le Point (Image)
- Thousands of people in central Paris demonstrate in an anti-Macron protest against his sweeping reforms. 2,000 security forces are deployed.
- People in 150 places across France take to the streets peacefully in a general strike to protest President Macron's economic reforms. Railways, airways, schools and power generation are affected.
- French Prime Minister Edouard Philippe announces plans to overhaul the state-owned railway firm SNCF. The details of the railway reform will be released in March.
- Guillaume Pepy, France's national railway company president, announces armed train marshals, in civilian dress, will be patrolling some passenger trains.
- French national railway SNCF, as part of a rapid response training, causes a media scare by mistakenly placing a statement on its website stating that more than 100 people died in a train explosion in Mcon, Burgundy.