One person is killed and four wounded in a knife attack in Paris, France. The attacker is killed by police.
A man kills a passer-by before being shot dead by police in an attack claimed by Islamic State.
- BBC (Image)
- Violent clashes between French police and protesters last well into the night on the Champs-Élysées in Paris over rising fuel taxes.
- Femen co-founder and activist Oksana Shachko is found dead in her Paris apartment in an apparent suicide. France granted her political refugee status in 2013.
- Far-left anarchists clash with riot police in central Paris, France. Several businesses are looted and set on fire, including a McDonald's restaurant and Renault garage. Hundreds are arrested.
- A Yemeni human rights group files a war crimes complaint against Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman in Paris as the prince visits France.
- A car carrying firearms and gas bottles deliberately rammed a police vehicle on the Champs-Élysées in Paris, France, subsequently bursting into flames. The driver, who was on a security watchlist, was shot dead.