Russian authorities say that they foiled a plot by Siberian terrorists to attack a Victory Day march attended by President Vladimir Putin and visiting Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. Twenty suspects are detained.
Moscow official says Siberian terror groups stockpiled weapons to use at massive Victory Day event; police arrest 20 in connection to plot
- The Times of Israel (Image)
- Paraguay announces that it will move its embassy in Israel from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv, reversing a May decision to move it from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, citing efforts to achieve peace in the Middle East. In response, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu orders the closure of Israel's embassy in Paraguay.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin signs a law - voted by the State Duma on 22 May and approved by the State Council on 30 May - with countermeasures against actions of the United States and other "unfriendly" countries.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin is inaugurated at the Grand Kremlin Palace in Moscow for a fourth term as President of Russia following his victory in March's presidential election.
- Ex-Israeli spy chief Tamir Pardo reveals that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had ordered the Israeli Defence Forces to prepare for military action against Iran in 2011.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin says that he will respect the Russian constitution and step down when his term expires in 2024.