Russia accuses the United Kingdom of withholding information on the investigation into the murder of Russian exile Nikolay Glushkov, which is being probed by counterterrorism officers. Glushkov had political asylum and was wanted in Russia for embezzlement from Aeroflot.
Russia is preparing to request a meeting with the head of Scotland Yard over its investigation into the suspected murder of Russian businessman, Nikolai Glushkov.
- The Independent (Image)
- The foreign ministers of Germany, Russia, the United Kingdom, France, China and Iran agree to the creation of a Special Purpose Vehicle, a financial facility in the European Union, to facilitate payments and continue trade with Iran after the US withdrawal from the Iran deal.
- The United States imposes new sanctions on Russia after the use of a Novichok nerve agent in the United Kingdom. Yesterday, the UK said that they would seek extradition of suspects from Russia.
- The Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons is granted the power to assign blame for chemical attacks by its constituent countries. The move, proposed by the United Kingdom, received wide support, but was condemned by Russia.
- The Dutch government, following similar moves by the United States and the United Kingdom, announces that it is phasing out the use of antivirus software products from the Russian company Kaspersky Lab "as a precautionary measure".
- North Korea stated that it would dismantle the Punggye-ri Nuclear Test Site between May 23-25 ahead of the Donald Trump-Kim Jong-un summit meeting. Furthermore, North Korea invited journalists from the United States, South Korea, China, Russia, and the United Kingdom to cover the process.