South Korea and the United States on Sunday began their joint military drills as scheduled, according to defence officials, amid a reconciliatory mood on the Korean Peninsula in recent weeks.
- New Indian Express (Image)
- South Korea and the United States suspend their Foal Eagle millitary exercises. Furthermore, they also finish parts of the Key Resolve exercises.
- South Korea and the United States announce that the Foal Eagle and Key Resolve military drills will start on April 1 and last for four weeks.
- South Korea says that it will halt military drills with the United States to help with Korean denuclearization talks.
- South Korea and the United States announce that the Foal Eagle and Key Resolve military drills will be scaled down and shortened.
- A South Korean adviser says it is "impossible" for South Korea to purchase the THAAD missile complex since control of its operation would remain with the United States. The remarks come after United States president Donald Trump suggested that South Korea pay for the $1 billion system.