- WBOY-TV ''12 News (Image)
- Ansar Dine, a militant Islamist group linked to Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb claims responsibility for yesterday's attack on a United Nations base in Kidal, northern Mali, that killed six UN peacekeepers, all from neighboring Guinea.
- An attack by suspected Islamist militants on a MINUSMA base in the town of Kidal, northern Mali, kills at least five United Nations peacekeepers and injures 30 others.
- At least 15 Tuaregs are killed when armed men from a rival ethnic group (Fulani) attack their village in northern Mali, according to local authorities.
- A U.N. peacekeeping helicopter crashes during a mission in northern Mali, resulting in the death of two German pilots within.
- A suicide bomber detonates a vehicle full of explosives at a military camp in Gao, Mali, killing at least 76 people and wounding scores more in Mali's deadliest terrorist attack in history.